Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Thursday, August 20, 2009

August's Guest Designer

I am pleased and honored to introduce this month's Guest Designer - Missy Harris. Missy and I met while she worked for my husband as one of the field crew he has each summer. Our son LOVES her and she has an awesome dog (Hi Max!) but mostly due to me feeling like I might have had a small part in her paper crafting...

Without further ado here are her lovely (I may be biased) cards. All are done using 'scraps' left over after the making of a magnetic board for her new sister-in-law. Many of the scraps are from the Basic Grey Marrakech Theme Set, Rub-ons and Chipboard Stickers which of course MemoryWorks carries in the current catalogue.

I love the detail of the center design on this card and honestly likely would never have thought to do a card with it thinking it needed a larger 'canvas'.



It's a little hard to read but Thanks is across the front of this cute card. I love the cascading effect she achieved by layering.



Who could resist this card's simple yet important message to 'enjoy life'? And the bird just brings a smile to my face.



And last but certainly not least is another Thank You card. I love how Missy placed the 'vines' down the side to balance the vertical lines on the other side.



She will never be allowed to tell me again that she doesn't do cards now that I've shown you all that indeed she does and does them well.

I am currently working on a couple of things. The one I hope to get up tomorrow is a layout using product from this current catalogue and last years to show that you can mix old and new successfully. The other is highlighting using your scraps to make cards, layouts and altered items. In these economic times using every piece of product is a good thing...

Remember if you want to be a Guest Designer contact me and we'll talk :)

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, but that top card is plain stunning. Completely caught my eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay me! They did turn out better than I thought they would. And the top card is super easy to make thanks to my new punch thing! Hooray for new toys!

    ReplyDelete