Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good to the last drop...

This morning I am sharing some projects done by my talented friend Jennifer Hirschi. She has used products in the current MemoryWorks catalogue.
Psst - exciting news!! We will now have 2 catalogues a year. Watch for the new catalogue to debut shortly.

But I digress - I challenged Jennifer (heck I challenged a whole email group I'm on) to do projects using items from the current MemoryWorks Catalogue and from their stash. You see even though I sell new product I know many are like me in these tough economic times and needing to use what they have on hand before they can get that desired new thing. And you know what that's ok! Use your old stuff I can help you find ways to do that to make it fresh again - then when we have gotten through our stash come to me and I'll help you restock (wink wink). Seriously though - it is perfectly ok to use old product with new, to mix product lines that go together and ok to be using every scrap you have to whip of some wonderful creations. The following papers are all lovely but are all left over from other projects I did at Retreat this past June. I took them in to Jennifer and said make stuff and left her to it. The only thing I asked was for the layout size to be at least 8x8. The following is what she did and I think they are awesome.

First is an 8 x 8 layout using the Tutti Frutti Theme Set from Doodlebug.



She used the same theme set to make this adorable card.



And who wouldn't want this tag on a gift, card or layout? The Pebbles So Tweet Theme Set was used for this tag...



...this 8x8 layout and...



this card. WOW what a way to use your stash!



The last 2 items are made using American Crafts very fun Craft Fair Theme Set - another lovely card and another 8x8 layout.





I am hoping to bring you a guest designer at least once per month to showcase some of the awesome talent out there along with the awesome product that MemoryWorks offers.

If you live in the Boise/Mtn Home area of Idaho and want to get in on being a 'guest designer' drop me a note ersehnen@gmail.com with guest designer in the subject line and we'll talk :)

2 comments:

  1. My only regret is that the pictures didn't come out better...the projects themselves look even better in person.---Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute projects Gwennie (aka jen) I love that paper line and the whimsical feel you added to all the projects. I don't even know what was my favorie...thay were all so cute!! Thanks for sharring Betty, the guest designer is an awesome & fun idea!

    ReplyDelete