Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Monday, June 14, 2010

A Couple For the Road

I am heading off on my Grand Adventure...  I'm making my first solo trip in our new trailer - well actually it is also the first trip for the trailer period!  Yeah a but nervous but I'm heading to dog shows and I know if I run into trouble there is not a better group of people to be seeking assistance from.

I made this first card at a Retreat back in 2009 but found it just recently in my stash and thought I'd share it.  I love the simplicity and the ease which with it goes together.  A shout out to Jamie for her design.  Jamie worked for Prism cardstock - a moment of silence please if you would as my beloved Prism is no more...


Cardstock - Prism, Giraffe Paper - ?? it was in the class material and I can find no information

These next cards were made on the 6th while I throughly enjoyed 7 glorious hours of playing with paper in the company of some inspiring friends.   I LOVE Dustin Pike's work and the Snake is his design.  And what is more perfect for a snake to say than Missss you?  That's what I thought too and so I typed up the sentiment to add.  I do wish I had matted the image and sentiment to make it pop more but these won't be my last using this image so I will learn from it and move on.


Base and green paper from my stash, Striped paper from my friend Nej's stash, Edge punch - EK Success, Image - Dustin Pike, Colored with Prisma markers (some of mine some of Nej's), Sentiment - done in Word, Heart - CTMH

And finally is the cute turtle...  I am ashamed to admit that I don't remember where I got her from (hanging my head in shame) but isn't she adorable?  Perfect for the little lady in someone's life. 


Cardstock Base and Mat - Bazzill, Patterned Paper - my stash, Image - I'll add it as soon as I find it, Colored with Prisma Markers (my collection and Nej's)


I'll be back in roughly 10 days and hope to have a lot to share with you then as I am taking my card making supplies and hope to be bringing it home in an assembled state - wink wink

No comments:

Post a Comment