Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Monday, March 16, 2009

How did it get that bad?

Well like most things it didn't happen over night. My space was before this room was shared with the spare bed and office and was very cramped. Then I had the brilliant idea to swap rooms with Reece, who at 6 needed a big boy room right?

The priroty during that move was to get Reece settled not me and the before pictures are the result of just dumping things where they fit (more or less fit would be more appropriate). Keep in mind this was started before the Holidays so I asked my wonderful enabling husband to pretty please with cherries on top get me only 1 thing - The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker by the incomparable Wendy Smedley and Aby Garvey. My life has changed by reading this and taking the Big Picture Scrapbooking class in ways I never imagined. I'd say just as much as reading The Big Picture and Photo Freedom did.

So fast forward to the end of December the economy is tanking and we are a one income household so I never imagined that I could 'afford' to take the BPS class Wendy was teaching mostly due to me never wanting to spend money on just me. Then Jay (above noted wonderful DH) signed me up because I don't do stuff just for me and because we had just Refinanced the house so had a little discretionary cash. Still I balked and then a light bulb went on - as I stood in the middle of that diaster I realized I was wasting more money with the products buried that I couldn't use becuase I couldn't find them or forgot I had than what the cost of the course was... WOW!

Back tomorrow with more and possible some pictures. See they on are on the laptop in DC with DH who is nervous about coming here and loading them - this is the 6 ft man who will walk into a scrapbook store and pick up pink lace and flowers if I ask (not that I actually would ask as I don't do pink or lace but you get the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment