Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Monday, March 8, 2010

Dinosaurs Rule

Well at least they did at our house last night...  While the Oscars played in the background I played with paper and my DH played, well tried too, with the new Cricut cartridge (Dinosaur Tracks) we received on Friday.  It was extremely frustrating as this is the most complicated one we have purchased so far and even though we followed the directions to the letter it was kind of a toss up what image would actually print.  I have way more layers to the dino featured on 2 of the cards than I have bases and don't get me started on the shadows...


This card has the 'fossil' feature which is popped up to give dimension.



This card has the base, layer and a shadow.  It is also popped up and is my favorite - however we couldn't get another shadow to print and could only get one more base to print.  SIGH...

The card on the left is using just a base and layer.  The one on the right is using the tag feature, which is very cool but once again we could only get the image to cut and never did get another base.  Both of these are mounted directly on the card.


All of these will go into my Operation Write Home stack once they have sentiments placed on them.  As I may have mentioned previously I had already cut all my 81/2 x 11 cardstock into half and folded most of it for card bases.  I had also cut all the patterned paper I had that I no longer LOVED or fit what I was scrapping now into card fronts to make assembly easier.  After the frustration on doing these 4 cards both of us decided to stop with cutting for the night and I went to just mounting fronts to bases.  I need to go back and put an image and/or sentiment on them all but I did get 43 to that stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment