Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moxie Fab Color Challenge Part 2

I just finished the Jewel color challenge over at Moxie Fab World where we were to use Bazzill Basics Paper equivalents for Sugar Cookie, Sunshine, Pansy, and Blue Calypso.  Easier said than done for me as I couldn't find the Blue Calypso or Pansy in the local stores I tried - one of them was Archiver's...  And as I know that colors can be very off when reproduced on screen I was a little worried about matching something I hadn't seen in person.  But if I can do PINK I can do anything and so undaunted I put the following together for this challenge.

It's simple but I love how the HI just jumps off the card at you.  I used Sugar Cream Bazzill as the base and layered that with 3 strips of BasicGrey Marrackech Palace Blue.  I cut the oval from the Sunshine Bazzill using my EK Success Curvy Cutter.  My sentiment is BasicGrey Thickset letters painted with Making Memories paint in Grapesicle. I based this on a CreativeSketches CS12 2010 sketch I stumbled across while looking for inspiration.  I was tempted to bling it up a bit but after looking at it I wanted to keep it on the masculine side as Operation Write Home (where this card will end up) always seems to need them and kids cards. 

Now off to see if I can make it 3 for 3 with the challenges...

2 comments:

  1. Looks good and as I find masculine cards hard to make most of the time This works! I can definitely see a Dad sending this to his son just to say HI. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Betty! Thanks for entering the Jewel Tones Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete