Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moxie Fab World Color Challenge

I am not sure what possessed me to do a PINK monochromatic color challenge but I suspect it was the oxygen deprivation I experienced Saturday morning somewhere around mile 1.5 at the top of the hill...  At any rate things just seemed to fall together for this card so who was I to resist fate?



The colors are Bazzill - Pinkini, Precious, and Bubblegum.  We were to use this exact color combination in an innovative way.  We could use cardstock, patterned paper, embellishment, ink etc but were to ensure it matched JUST the colors listed.  (Adding a neutral, like white, was ok)

So off I went to 2 different stores trying to get one of the 5 color combinations that were posted over the last week.  I never dreamed it would be as hard as it was - the only one I got all the colors of Bazzill was this one.  I do have equivalents that I think will work for the others so watch for those to be posted shortly. But I digress...



Even though I am totally out of my comfort zone I am very pleased with the card.   The base is from my stash and if it's not Bubblegum it is it's twin sister, added a Pinkini layer which had been embossed with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder, and the Precious was stamped with the sentiment from Hero Arts Messages set (a new release I LOVE) and was stamped in Versa Color Orchid.  The ribbon and flower are Michael's own brand.



The flower is a clip and can come off the card so the recipient can wear it - how cool is that?  I make cards for Operation Write Home and and totally see some Service members little girl wearing it to school and saying her Mommy or Daddy sent it... Yeah I'm weird (wink wink)

6 comments:

  1. Oh ya....gorgeous!! But I am a pink lover!!! I have been trying to keep up on the Moxie Color Challenges also!! Thanks for posting on SSD. Try out one of our Tuesday sketch challenges at
    www.skippingstonesdesign.com

    Have a fab Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Betty your card is SO pretty, I think you did great with monochromatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love LOVE the idea! You rocked the pink lady! You might not like it, but your inner designer certainly does :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Betty! Thanks for entering the Monochromatic Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete