Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Monday, January 18, 2010

My desk

During a discussion recently I mentioned the desk that my sweetie made me using 8 jetmax cubes as 'legs' and a custom cut one piece top from a 4x8 sheet of MDF (think the white shelves you can find at Home Depot etc but larger). I was sure I had already uploaded photos but realized I had only posted them on the discussion board of the Big Picture Scrapbooking class I took last year. Then the search was on to find them... With out further ado here are the shots of the side used as an office/school work area. We also put the pins that hold the stacked units together in the top cubes and marked them with stazon ink placed the desk top on them and applied pressure so it would transfer. We then removed the top and drilled holes so the top is held in place which makes the unit more stable and secure.




I have rearranged the cubes some what (the 3 drawers were moved to the other side and a 4 drawer unit was put in their place - also moved the glass door unit on the non computer end to the other side and put in the one with the magazine dividers in it's placed) to make it more functional but the 2 up concept holds true. We can both be sitting at the desk, facing each other, and working on the laptops that replaced the desktop. Also the black carts at the end have been moved and my cropper hopper cart sits there. The tall black cart is under the desk as are several other things we need easy access to but that don't need to be taking up precious floor space. I can leave a scrap project out while doing school with my son as I have a ton of room. One thing I need to do differently is to put a finished edge on the sheet. The one I place on has come off in places.

I am so excited to share my newest handcrafted item from my sweetheart but that will come tomorrow as I still need to get a photo of it...

3 comments:

  1. love the desk you made out of these cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I would love to have something like this across the back wall of my craft room. I need more cubes and the desk top.

    ReplyDelete