Quote of the Week

"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." ~ John C. Maxwell





Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Little Monster...

Ok so I got a little side tracked but I did finally get what I planned on being my first layout of 2010 done.

You see I saw this paper by Reminisce while cropping at Stampers and Scrappers Delight in Boise and I thought I had purchased it as it was stinking cute but apparently I just fondled and drooled on it then put it back and got the Dinosaur paper by My Mind's Eye. But I digress...

So as I mentioned I fully intended the adorable (yes I know I'm biased) photos of my son in his 'new' to him robe and jammies with is brand new pillow cases to be the first layout I did in 2010. Well last Saturday I got invited to attend a hockey game with friends so went early and stopped by to pick up the paper and stickers by Reminisce but needing to create I had already done these pages.

As is my style the layout is very simply. I used a Prism base in Frosted Kiwi, used Intense Kiwi for the title and photo mat, the glitter frame transparency is by Fancy Pants, pattern paper and stickers from Reminisce's Monster Parade line and ribbon that just screamed at me to buy it while in the store. Since I don't 'do' ribbon that is saying something. I used foam adhesive to get two of the stickers to pop off the page. Currently I am big on handwritten journaling - don't ask me why as I hate my handwritting.



I also want to give a shout out to Prism and Jamie to say THANK YOU!! I won an amazing kit from them that arrived today. Today, the day I should have been only cleaning and getting ready to fly out to Florida tomorrow for my mini vacation but no all I wanted to do was dive into it's yumminess - is that a word because if it's not it should be. Now I have something to look forward to when I get back on Mondaya

No comments:

Post a Comment